Take a cue from Hollywood movie star Margot Robbie and pair your ‘Rock’ with your ‘Rail’ for the ultimate Australian adventure.
Margot enjoyed the best of two Outback icons this month, choosing a 24-hour luxury journey aboard The Ghan before heading to Uluru for a spectacular Red Centre experience.
Here’s how to do your own Rock & Rail:
- Follow in Margot’s footsteps and board The Ghan in Adelaide, leaving the train in Alice Springs to explore the spectacular Red Centre at leisure.
- The Ghan departs Adelaide on Sundays year-round, with an additional Wednesday departure between June and August.
- The Ghan (Adelaide to Alice Springs) starts from $1319pp for all-inclusive Gold Service travel.
- Kick off your adventure at Uluru, then board The Ghan in Alice Springs to make your way up to the Top End in unparalleled style.
- The Ghan departs Alice Springs on Mondays year-round with an additional Thursday departure between June and August.
- The Ghan (Alice Springs to Darwin) starts from $1319pp for all-inclusive Gold Service travel.
- Book The Ghan Expedition – the quintessential way to explore Australia from top to bottom. An optional upgrade includes a flight to Uluru and a full day’s tour, getting you back in time to the train to continue your amazing transcontinental journey across four magical days.
- The Ghan Expedition (Darwin to Adelaide) departs every Wednesday between April and October, with an additional Saturday departure between June and August.
- The Ghan Expedition starts from $3489pp for all-inclusive Gold Service travel. The optional Uluru flight and day trip is $1249pp.